What You Ought to Know About SAP RMA Returns using Detering's Receiving Workbench (RWB)
Why does the RWB Receiving Workbench exist?
First, let us offer a brief definition of what the RMA acronym means.
SAP RMA Process
The RMA in SAP is the Return Material Authorization process, many times used as an acronym for "returns" in general and is part of the advanced reverse logistics capabilities of SAP. The RMA process in SAP is solved via Notifications and RMA Return Orders with their follow-on documents, or via the new ARM - SAP Advanced Returns Management in SAP transaction. This transaction is at least partially supported as a SAP Fiori based transaction, with some customization required.
Most OEMs Receive Massive Numbers of Returns Daily
That is why they need to automate the customer returns process in SAP SD while increasing the efficiency and decreasing the cost of it. The return sales order process in SAP has to work smoothly and effectively for the reverse logistics process to function properly. It is also a key factor in achieving high customer satisfaction ratings and improving a business Net Promoter Score or NPS.
The Existing SAP Solution (in SAP ECC and S/4HANA) Has Some White Space
The Receiving Workbench represents a space within the overall RMA solution that has not been developed for which we know there is a need. These functionalities are typically implemented by a combination of SAP ECC or S/4HANA SD/CS/MM and EWM - extended warehouse management. If WM or EWM is not being used, the SAP IM Inventory Management module in combination with SD, CS, and MM has to provide the below listed functionality, which does not exist out of the box.
By developing the Receiving Workbench and filling the gap in the RMA in SAP, our solution helps SAP customers tremendously:
- Provides support for multiple return types
- Automatic document lookup and creation
- Ready for SAP Leonardo Blockchain
- Bar-code scanning support
- TAT - Turn-Around-Tme calculation and monitoring support
- Warranty, contract SLA flowdown
- Pre-baked defaults populated automatically by SAP saving operator time
- Manage customer delivered additional parts, packaging
- Scan Customer Documentation linking to receipt
- Solution for Blind Receipt -- part shows up on doc issue
- Support for Service Calls and Field Level Generation and Processing of RMA Request
This and many other functionalities and benefits all make up the Detering Consulting RWB Receiving Workbench. If you would like to get an overview of the SAP ERP and RMA RWB solution, press this button